I hope everything is going great. You are halfway through this session of Lifelines. This is a good time to challenge your Lifeline to not miss any for the next four weeks. The last meeting will be the week of November 15th. Connection is everything. The more people stayed connected to Lifelines, the more consistent they will become in their church attendance, the more they will grow spiritually, and the more they will help others find Christ and grow as well. Also, this is a great time to start encouraging people to get involved in service. Encourage people to get involved with the children, the youth, or the First Impressions ministries. And look for people who might be good facilitators someday. Tell them that you see in them giftings from the Holy Spirit to lead a Lifeline. Ask them if you can send me their name. Let them know there is no pressure, but possible things for them only when they are ready.
Important events coming up:
(Really encourage people to get involved.)
Bunco: This Saturday
Righteous Anger: New teaching series about anger starting on November 1st
Youth Paintball: November 7th
Family Trip to the Zoo: November 14th
All Church Gathering at Incredible Pizza: November 15th
New Hope Billy Graham Evangelistic Effort: Friday, November 13th
Christmas Dinner: December 12th
1. Pastor Jaime spoke this past Sunday about the Apostle Paul and the sufferings he encountered while preaching the Gospel of Christ. Who persecuted Paul?
2. Why did they persecute him?
3. What was he trying to do?
4. What might happen to you when you are trying to direct someone to go the right direction in life, spiritual or not, if they refuse your direction? Do you think you might encounter some suffering because of their response? Could you experience suffering from the Enemy working through those who do not have a receptive spirit? Has this ever happened to you?
5. How did Paul react to his suffering?
6. How have you reacted to the suffering you have received when trying to help people when they did not want to change?
7. What is the key to helping these persons turn their life around? What is key about how we respond to their rejection of our direction if they are ever going to turn their life around?