I heard some really good things about last week's meetings. Whether you realize it, the bonds and friendships you are helping to develop are life-changing. The Bible tells us that bad company corrupts good character, but that we believers come together we spur one another on toward good works in Christ. So, never lose sight of the great impact you are having on people's lives. The change in people's lives may be slow, but it is certain the more they are exposed to the Holy Spirit of God through the others in your LIfeline.
- The next session of Transformation Classes start this Sunday. It will be in Pastor Lee's office starting at 9am. We would like for everyone to take these classes. Ask the class if anyone wants to sign up and if they do, email Isela so she can make sure we have enough workbooks. Email Isela. Thank you.
- Ladies Bunco is this Saturday. The ladies will meet at the church at 6:00. Please bring a 'goody' to share and $5 to help cover the cost of prizes.
- Bingo at Villa Alegre Senior Apartments is February 12th from 10am-11am. We will meet there. The address is 6902 Marbach Road. Look for Anna Chavez who will be leading the event.
- Remember all of this can be found at the 'Church Events' page on our website: www.WhereLifeChanges.com
BIBLE STUDY QUESTIONS:
- Read Daniel 2:5-13 (Facilitator’s Notes (FN): While they are reading this, the purpose is for your group to get a feel for the authority and power attributed to kings in Biblical times.)
- How would you describe King Nebuchadnezzar?
- Why was he able to have this kind of power?
- Do we think of kings like this anymore in our more civilized world?
- This kingdom and even the Roman empire during the time of Christ was the concept of what a kingdom was to the early believers. With this in mind, what do you think John the Baptist and Jesus meant when they preached, “Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.” (Matthew 3 and Mark 1)
- The idea of a kingdom was that of absolute power and authority to do whatever the king wanted to do. Through King Nebuchadnezzar, we see what happens when that authority is given to an ungodly man. Does our God have any less authority simply because He is kind?
- Do you think that we take His kindness for granted? Why or why not? (FN: If He is our King and He has all authority, every time that we sin, we are taking advantage of His kindness. Had our God ruled like Nebuchadnezzar, we would have been thrown into the fiery furnace the very first time that he knew we had disobeyed his order.)
- On Sunday in the message, we talked about how when we do not honor the Lord as our King through obedience, we are not living as citizens of His Kingdom and thus not enjoying the benefits of this Kingdom. What blessings do we miss out on when we do not honor the Lord as King? What blessings do we miss out on when we lose our temper, allow jealousy to reign, seek an eye for an eye, worship other gods such as food, drugs, pornography, refuse to tithe, not live a life of love???
- The hard part about living as a citizen of Heaven and obeying the Lord is that our sinful nature does not want what God wants. We don’t want to do what God wants us to do. Read Matthew 11:12. This passage is teaching us that in order for us to live in the blessings as citizens of Heaven, we must be forceful about it. What does it mean to forcefully take the Kingdom of Heaven? (FN: The blessings of living as citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven come only when we honor the Lord as King through obedience. To forcefully take the Kingdom, we must have a forceful attitude towards sin and holiness. We must fight to resist sin and fight to act in holiness.)
- What are some areas of your life that you need to apply a little more force in order to obey the Lord or resist sin?
- When we do this, it is the Lord who then cleanses our conscience from acts that lead to death (Hebrews 9:12-14) This is to say that He sanctifies us and makes us holy, changing what we desire so that we no longer desire what our flesh wants, but we desire what the Lord wants. This helps us to obey and enjoy the blessings of the Lord.
- How would your life be different if your fleshly desires were transformed into Godly desires?